After watching hours upon hours YouTube tutorials over the past few years, I feel like I have a good grasp on how to do my own [somewhat decent] formal makeup.
Recently, I've found myself lying on my bed, face smashed into a pillow with one eye wide open, watching YouTube wedding makeup tutorials and pausing the video every minute or so to jot down contouring techniques and must-have product names into the notes app on my phone.
And well, after all this ~hard~ work, I finally have my LIST. As in, the list of shit I need to pick up from Sephora or order from Amazon in batches so that I don't cry over the price.
Here they are, in chronological order of when they will be applied onto my face:
1. The Frosting Lotion. This is my favorite all-purpose, organic lotion. They say to not wear anything with SPF on your wedding day because the zinc will reflect in photos, so this will be my moisturizer.
2. EOS Medicated Lip Balm. I got this stuff in my adult Christmas stocking (I know) a few years ago and it's the best lip balm I've ever touched. It's medicated, so it heals all your cracks, solves all your problems, and makes you feel safe.
3. Anastasia Brow Wiz. After combing my brows out, the next thing I'll do is fill in my bottom brows with a dark eyebrow pencil.
4. Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette. This is the mini size that doesn't cost a million dollars. The Naked palettes are apparently the holy grail of eyeshadows and so far, I am pretty keen on the ashy tones. At this step, I'll use the lightest color to highlight under my brow bone.
5. Elizabeth Mott "Thank Me Later" Eye Primer. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of an eye primer is, but this one is called Thank Me Later which is very sassy, and very Drake, so I'm going for it.
6. Urban Decay Glide On Eye Pencil. After applying the medium and dark colors from the eyeshadow palette, I'll put a little dark matte brown eyeliner on my upper and lower lash lines and blend, blend, blend, you crazy bitch, blend! (That's how they tell you to do it in all the YouTube videos.)
8. Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. This is the best SPF-free, long-lasting foundation I've tried. I got a sample of it from Sephora and will likely just get another one before our wedding because the sample is like a week's worth of product and I don't really wanna drop $40+ on this stuff when I usually just wear CC cream.
9. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. This will be used for highlighting my under eye area, upper cheekbones, nose, and lower forehead.
10. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I will use this to blend the concealer. I will also be using a bunch of different makeup brushed to apply everything and am currently sourcing some cheap options.
11. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer. I'm using a light matte bronzer for contouring.
12. RMCA No Color Powder. For setting the highlight/concealer in place.
13. Blush. I haven't decided on the brand yet. Help?
14. Sephora Retractable Waterproof Brow Pencil. Then I'll use this eyebrow pencil in Neutral Gray Brown to finish filling in my eyebrows.
16. Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. This looks and smells like clear glue, and that's basically what it is. It keeps your brows in place all damn day.
17. Beauty Junkees Brow Concealer & Highlighter Duo. This bad boy will be used to highlight right under my eyebrows, my Cupid's bow, the tip of my nose, and the very tops of my cheek bones.
18. Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. My secret weapon for all day/night parties.
19. False eyelashes might be happening at this step, but I still need to practice.
20. Too Faced "Better Than Sex" Mascara. This is the best mascara I've ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, used. Plus, it has a naughty name. I usually pick up a travel size of it before fancy events.
21. Lipsense Lipstick. You know that multi-level marketing lipstick that actually is the longest-lasting lipstick out there? I was lucky enough to meet a Lipsense dealer last time I was getting my hair done. She hooked me up with the color, the gloss, and the remover. I tried out a bright orangey-red color for New Year's Eve, but definitely think I need to practice applying it before the big day. I'm thinking about having her send me a nude shade as well, just in case.
Well, that's all, folks. 21 items—talk about caking it on!